The Industry Advisory Board (IAB) is a partnership between the Foundation for Post-Acute/Long-Term Care Medicine and representatives from divisions of industries with an interest in post-acute/long-term care medicine.
The Foundation for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine is a signer of the Council for Medical Specialty Societies Code of Interaction with Companies and develops policies and procedures to guide Society‐Company interactions to be in line with the Code.
The IAB creates a forum where AMDA members and industry leaders can come together to discuss issues of mutual interest with goals to:
- Identify collaborative opportunities to advance effectiveness in PA/ LTC medicine through access to top leaders in geriatrics and PA/LTC including: board level representatives from AMDA, ABPLM, the Foundation, and university and community-based geriatricians and gerontologists;
- Participate in discussions related to disease state management and patient-centered care affecting the entire PA/LTC industry; and
- Gain mutual understanding of current issues and trends in geriatric medicine across the PA/LTC continuum, including nursing homes, assisted living, and community-based care.
This one-year membership includes the following:
- A face-to-face group meeting to be held at the AMDA annual meeting that will include access to AMDA and Foundation thought leaders. A short update on industry trends will be presented. Time will be set aside for collaboration and networking on an individual basis.
- A private, one-hour meeting between representatives from your company and a thought leader around a topic that is of interest to you. You can schedule additional time with your contact through the Foundation office. We are committed to providing that important link between you and the board members but we want to go about it in a way that matches you with someone who has a relevant knowledge base or practice situation that interests you.
We are grateful to the following 2016 Industry Advisory Board members for their support of the Foundation for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine:
*Purdue Pharma, L.P.
*Charter members since 2010-2011