You may nominate an individual for the 2021 Medical Director of the Year award by completing the information requested below. Nominations for the Medical Director of the Year award are due November 16, 2020.
AMDA-The Society asks nursing facilities and their interdisciplinary leaders to identify outstanding medical directors. The Medical Director of the Year award recognizes those individuals whose vision, passion, leadership, knowledge, and commitment to succeed in taking patient care to exceptional levels of quality, excellence, and innovation.
Nominations require description/activities in the following categories: Team leadership; Clinical leadership; Education of facility staff; and Community involvement.
The nominations from previous finalists included the following characteristics:
- Offered multiple examples of activities that demonstrated excellence in each category (e.g., 5-7 in each category, unless otherwise instructed);
- Submitted by multiple facility leaders (e.g., Administrator and DON);
- Included quantifiable examples of success with measured outcomes (e.g., Implemented a program that reduced falls by 18%); and
- Incorporated psycho-emotional components (e.g., How he/she makes staff, colleagues, and patients feel).
Before you get started, consider the following:
- Review AMDA’s Role and Responsibilities of the Medical Director and compile examples of how your medical director fulfills these;
- Cite examples of how your medical director interacts with the interdisciplinary team; and
- Gather examples of the everyday contributions he/she makes as well as those times they were exceptional.
Medical Director of the Year Nomination Form