Eligibility - Who Can Apply
- PGY IV or V Geriatric Medicine/Geriatric Psych Fellows
- PGY II or III Internal Medicine or Family Physician Residents
- Advanced Practitioners: Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants
- Previous participants are not eligible to apply
Step-by-Step Application Procedures
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Letter of Interest for uploading as part of the online application using the following file types: Word (.doc or docx) or PDF (.pdf). Your Letter of Interest should be no more than 250 words, and should describe your interest in long-term care practice and why you feel you will benefit from participating in this program.
- Familiarize yourself with the Policies and Requirements before submitting the online application.
- Complete the Online Application.
- Forward a Letter of Support. The Letter of Support must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the applicant's program director or another AMDA member following the completion of your online application.
- Talk with your program director and ask whether they will fund the travel and hotel expenses. Many fellowship and/or residency programs will pay for travel/lodging to one professional conference per year. Let them know that this is the conference you would like to attend in 2020!
How Applications are Reviewed and Participants are Selected
The Futures Selection Committee ranks the applicants according to their Letter of Interest, CV and Letter of Support and makes selections based on the highest scores. Priority for full awards is given to lead authors of a poster accepted at AMDA - The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine 2020, held April 2-5, 2020, in Chicago, IL. Please do not make any travel or hotel arrangements until you are notified of your acceptance. For questions, please contact the program coordinator at 410-992-3134 or by email. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 11, 2019