Celebrating it's 20th Anniversary, the Foundation and its Futures Program Sponsors are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for residents, fellows and advanced practitioners who are interested in a career in post-acute and long-term-care medicine. A recent graduate noted:
"The Futures Program was an outstanding educational experience - I was able to meet peers from around the nation and share our goals and philosophies. The lectures gave us a solid framework for understanding what it takes to become a medical director. The Futures Program is fundamental for anyone planning a career in post-acute & long-term care medicine."
Held during AMDA's annual symposium each year, this intensive learning experience is designed to expose participants to the numerous career opportunities available in post-acute & long-term care medicine. All participants who are chosen for this program will receive the following benefits:
- Admission to the Futures Program on Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- 4-Day registration to PALTC21-AMDA's Virtual Conference
- One year of AMDA-The Society membership (includes FREE webinars)
AMDA remains committed to the professional development of Futures participants after they are selected for the program. Additional benefits will be available each year participants renew their Society membership:
- Year 1: Complimentary Society membership, including FREE webinars
- Year 2: Access to the Society's online Library
- Year 3: 25% off your registration to the Society's annual conference
- Year 4: 25% discount for your online Core Curriculum registration
- Year 5: 30% off a full set of CPGs or Medication Management book
- PGY IV or V Geriatric Medicine/Geriatric Psych Fellows
- PGY II or III Internal Medicine or Family Physician Residents
- Advanced Practitioners: Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants
- Previous participants are not eligible to apply
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Letter of Interest for uploading as part of the online application using the following file types: Word (.doc or docx) or PDF (.pdf). Please be prepared to upload a current photo with your application. Your Letter of Interest should be no more than 250 words, and should describe your interest in long-term care practice and why you feel you will benefit from participating in this program.
- Familiarize yourself with the Policies and Requirements before submitting the online application.
- Complete the Online Application.
- Forward a Letter of Support. The Letter of Support must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the applicant's program director or another AMDA member following the completion of your online application.
The Futures Selection Committee ranks the applicants according to their Letter of Interest, CV and Letter of Support and makes selections based on the highest scores. Priority for full awards is given to lead authors of a poster accepted at AMDA - The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine 2021, held March 11-14, 2021.For questions, please contact the program coordinator at 410-992-3134 or by email. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 16, 2020.
The Foundation is committed to the Futures Program, a program designed to expose residents, fellows and advanced practitioners to numerous career opportunities available in post-acute and long-term care and to provide other benefits. Considerable effort will be expended by the Foundation to ensure the success of this valuable program. Participants accepted into the program will therefore be required to fulfill certain obligations.
All participants, upon acceptance into the Foundation Futures Program will receive the following Benefits and Requirements:
- Benefit: One year AMDA-The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine membership beginning January 2021. Enjoy the monthly JAMDA subscription, access to free webinars and other benefits of membership.
- Benefit: Opportunity to network. Participants will have an opportunity to network with our membership to make informed decisions about a career in post-acute and long-term care medicine.
- Benefit: Admission to the Foundation's Futures Program on Thursday, March 11, 2021.
Requirement: Attendance at this all-day event is required. Futures participants may not attend AMDA-The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine Annual Conference 2021 events that day as this program was specifically tailored for the Futures participants.
- Benefit: Registration to AMDA-The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine Annual Conference 2021 from March 12-14, 2021.
Requirement: Daily attendance at the symposium is required. There may be a few required events; otherwise, the participant can choose the sessions he/she wishes to attend.
Complete the Online Application
Acceptance letters will be sent in December 2021. If you have questions, please contact us at e-mail. A Foundation staff member will contact you within 24 hours of inquiry.