The Industry Advisory Board (IAB) is a partnership between the Foundation for Post-Acute & Long-Term Care Medicine and representatives from divisions of industries with an interest in post-acute & long-term care medicine (PALTC).
The Foundation for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine is a signer of the Council for Medical Specialty Societies Code of Interaction with Companies and develops policies and procedures to guide Society‐Company interactions to be in line with the Code.
The IAB creates a forum where AMDA members and industry leaders can come together to discuss issues of mutual interest with goals to:
- Identify collaborative opportunities to advance effectiveness in PALTC medicine through conversations with top leaders in geriatrics and PALTC including: board level representatives from AMDA, ABPLM, the Foundation, and university, home and community-based geriatricians and gerontologists;
- Participate in discussions related to disease state management and patient-centered care affecting the entire PALTC industry;
- Gain mutual understanding of current issues and trends in geriatric medicine across the PALTC continuum, including nursing homes, assisted living, and community-based care; and
- Discuss the future state and how to stay ahead of anticipated changes impacting PALTC.
- This one-year membership includes the following:
- Recognition as a member of the Foundation’s Industry Advisory Board on the Foundation website, in the Annual Report and at the Annual Meeting with logo and signage available for exhibit display.
- Assignment of a Relationship Team to the IAB member, including the Foundation Executive Director, Senior Program Manager and pertinent members of the Foundation Board and/or Development Committee. Regular interactions will ensue.
- Selection and assignment from Society membership of one or more thought leaders with knowledge pertinent to the member’s product or service areas.
- Individual and group meetings including: 1) orientation discussion (in person or by phone) between the member company and the Relationship Team; 2) In-depth, focused topic meeting at the Society headquarters or at a company site to determine relationship objectives; 3) group meeting of IAB members at the Society’s annual meeting; 4) semi-annual calls with one or more members of the Relationship Team to identify additional service needs.
- Gratis invitation to Society Annual Meeting “meet and greet” events, including the exclusive President’s Reception and the CMD/Futures Welcome Reception.
- Advisory information on AMDA-The Society State Chapter annual meetings and opportunities for closer relationships.
- Complimentary e-subscriptions to JAMDA, the Society’s scientific peer reviewed journal; Caring for the Ages, the Society’s monthly magazine covering all things in PALTC; and Weekly Roundup e-newsletter which highlights policy, Society and industry news.
- Discount available for exhibitintraining or a national policy update for company personnel on post-acute and long-term care topics.g at the Society’s annual meeting.
- Access to Society webinars and special education and training forums.
- Additional services may be arranged such as special
We are grateful to the following 2020 Industry Advisory Board members for their support of the Foundation for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine: